We Want Any Van
Get your FREE valuation now

Frequently Asked Questions

Home > Frequently Asked Questions > What documents do I need to sell my van?

What documents do I need to sell my van?

You will need to bring a few documents along to your appointment at your We Want Any Van branch in order to complete the sale of your van. Use the checklist below to ensure you have all the necessary documents to sell your van.

Vehicle Documents
  • V5
  • Service book
  • Handbook
  • Spare Keys
  • Locking wheel nut
  • Radio & key codes
  • Sat nav discs etc.
  • MOT (if applicable)
Your personal ID

We also ask that you bring along some personal documents so that we can complete the sale of your car and begin the payment process efficiently. You will need three forms of identification. At least one form of identification should be photo and one must be proof of address; we cannot accept one type of identification for both forms:

Proof of name

  • Current signed passport
  • Original birth certificate (UK birth certificate issued within 12 months of the date of birth in full form including those issues by UK authorities overseas such as Embassies High Commissions and HM Forces)
  • EEA member state identity card (which can also be used as evidence of address if it carries it)
  • Current UK or EEA photocard driving licence
  • Full old-style driving licence
  • Photographic registration cards for self-employed individuals in the construction industry – CIS 4
  • Benefit book or original notification letter from Benefits Agency
  • Firearms or shotgun certificate
  • Residence permit issued by the Home Office to EEA nationals on sight of own country passport
  • National identity card bearing a photograph of the applicant

Proof of address

  • Utility bill (gas, electric, water) issued within the last three months
  • Local authority council tax bill for the current council tax year
  • Current UK driving licence (but only if not used for the name evidence)
  • Bank, Building Society or Credit Union statement or passbook dated within the last three months
  • Original mortgage statement from a recognised lender issued for the last full year
  • Solicitors’ letter within the last three months confirming recent house purchase or land registry confirmation of address
  • Council or housing association rent card or tenancy agreement for the current year
  • Benefit book or original notification letter from Benefits Agency (but not if used as proof of name)
  • HMRC self-assessment letters or tax demand dated within the current financial year
  • Electoral register entry
  • NHS medical card or letter of confirmation from G’s practice of registration with the surgery
**The address needs to be your current address and match the address on the V5 registration document

Documents we will not accept include, but are not limited to:

  • Provisional driving licence
  • Mobile phone bills
  • Credit card statements
Back to FAQs
Do you have any other questions?
Contact WeWantAnyVan.com online or phone us on 0843 308 2688 or 01543 718 038

Calls cost 3.5p/minute from a BT landline. Other service providers including mobiles may be higher. In addition you will be liable to pay your service provider's access cost.

Branches nationwide
Find your nearest branch
We have over branches nationwide where you can sell your van to us.
Enter your postcode, town or city below to find your nearest branch.
We have over seventy locations across the UK, so you will never be more than a short drive from your local branch to sell your van today. Use our branch locator to find more information on how to contact us.
FindSearch for a branch